I. General Section
§ 1 Information on collecting personal data
(1) Hereinafter, we will inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is any data relating to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) In accordance with article 4, paragraph 7 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the responsible party is as follows:
MONACOR INTERNATIONAL GmbH & Co. KG
Zum Falsch 36
Tel.: +49 421 4865-0
(see our legal notice)
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted as follows:
Herr Oliver Stutz
Datenschutz nord GmbH
(3) When contacting us by mail or via a contact form on our website, the forwarded data (your e-mail address, your name, your telephone number and where you are contacting us from) which is required to process and answer your enquiries will be stored (legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. a GDPR). The data related to this enquiry will be deleted when the storage is no longer required or we will restrict the processing due to a statutory period of retention.
(4) In case, we do have to cooperate with an external service provider to implement certain features of our service or to use your data for advertising purposes, we will give you detailed information about respective procedures on the following pages. We will also inform you of specific criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) In accordance with article 13, paragraph 2 lit. b GDPR and article 14, paragraph 2 lit. c. GDPR, you have got the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correct and delete data,
- Right to restricted use of data,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) In addition, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority about how we process your data.
§ 3 Collecting personal data when visiting our website
(1) When visiting our website for informational use only, i.e. you do not register with us or transfer data by any other means, we will only collect data transferred to our server by your browser. If you want to view our website, we will collect the following data which will technically be required to show you the website and to ensure stability and security (legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of your request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Respectively transmitted data volume
- Website from which the request was sent
- Operating system and its user surface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, there are cookies to be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are placed on your device to store data. This data can be recalled by a web server in the domain that placed the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They are merely used to make the Internet presence more user-friendly and more effective (legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR).
(3) Application of cookies:
a) This website uses the following kind of cookies which are described in detail including operating principles:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies which are also called session cookies are deleted automatically once you close the web browser. They store a session ID which allows to match various browser requests to the joint session. Thus, your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies will be deleted once you logout or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a certain period of time which can vary, depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time within your browser's security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings, depending on your requirements and e.g. to accept third-party cookies or to reject all cookies. However, we must advise you that you may not be able to use full functionality of this website if you do so.
e) We apply cookies in order to identify subsequent visits to our website if you have already an account with us. Otherwise, you would have to login again each time you visit the website.
(4) On our website we use retargeting technologies by third parties, such as e.g. Pixel of Facebook Ireland Ltd. By using retargeting technologies, we are able to better adjust our offers to your interests and provide you with suitable offers on partner web sites.
This cookie-based data collection will be encrypted and collected anonymously. It is possible for you to opt out and disable this data collection.
§ 4 Additional features and services of our website
(1) In addition to using our website purely for informational purposes, we also provide a range of services which you may choose, depending on your interest. For this purpose, you usually have to enter additional personal data which we will use for the respective service and which applies to the above-mentioned data processing policy.
(2) For processing your data, we may sometimes use external service providers. These have been appointed after being carefully selected, are to comply with our instructions and are monitored on a regular basis.
(3) Furthermore, we may forward your personal data to third parties and/or partner companies for joint campaigns, competitions, for processing enquiries and/or concluding contracts or similar services. Further information can be obtained when entering your personal data or be found in the description of the respective service.
(4) If the business location of our service providers, third parties and/or partner companies is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will explain what this involves below or in the description of the respective service.
§ 5 Right to object or withdraw your consent to process your personal data
(1) If you have given consent to processing your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any given time. Until revoked, this does not affect a previously given consent for legitimate processing of your data. It only affects the legitimacy once the withdrawal has been received by us.
(2) If processing your personal data is required for carrying out tasks which are of public interest (article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. e GDPR) or for pursuing legitimate interests (article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR), you may object to the processing of your personal data with effect for the future at any time. This is the case, when processed data is not required to fulfil your contract as described in the following. If you object or withdraw your consent to process your personal data, we must stop any further processing, unless
– there are compelling legitimate reasons for processing the data which prevail over your own interests, rights and freedom, or
– the processing is required for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
(3) You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes or for data analysis at any time. Please contact us, if you wish to object to your data being used for advertising purposes, for any questions you may have regarding collection, processing or the use of your personal data, for information, correction, restricted use or for deleting your data, for withdrawal of previously given consents or objection to a certain kind of data use as well as exercising your right to data portability:
Herr Oliver Stutz
Datenschutz nord GmbH
II. Special Section
§ 1. Establishing contact via e-mail/contact form
(1) When establishing contact via e-mail or via our contact form, the supplied data (your e-mail address, your name, the country or postal code you are contacting us from as well as your enquiry) will be stored in order to answer your questions correctly and to reflect your own interests. Therefore, enquiries reaching us from within the European Economic Area and Switzerland will be forwarded together with your data to a local partner company if such a partner exists in that country. Thus, we can ensure that your question/enquiry will be answered correctly and reflect your own interests. If you contact us from outside the European Economic Area, we will also contact a local partner company if present and send your enquiry together with your data. This also happens if no ruling exists from the European Commission with regard to appropriateness in accordance with article 45, paragraph 3 GDPR. The transmission of data is done solely for concluding a contract or for carrying our pre-contractual measures and/or for answering your enquiry (legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. a, b and f GDPR). Data collected with regard to this enquiry will be deleted if no longer required for the intended purpose of processing or if we have restricted processing due to a statutory period of retention.
§ 2. Customer account/ online shop
(1) If you want to create a customer account as a B2B retailer, you have to register yourself giving your e-mail address, proof of being a B2B retailer, a chosen password as well as a freely selected user name. The registration is reserved to B2B retailers only. Data required for the use of the website or concluding the contract will be stored until you delete your customer account. Creating or activating the customer account is done manually through us. For registration, we use the so-called double-opt-in process, i.e. registration and activation is only completed when you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link sent to you via e-mail. Should you not confirm your registration within 3 days, it will automatically be deleted from our database. Provision of the above-mentioned data is mandatory. Further information can be given voluntarily by using the customer account. (Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. a GDPR).
(2) Other customers with an account cannot access the data of your customer account. Members who are not registered cannot acquire any information about you, either.
(3) As a registered customer, it is possible for you to sign up a third party as a sub-customer to your customer account. In case you sign up any sub-customers, we will store the data of the sub-customer for use or to comply with our obligation to inform according to article 14, paragraph 2, lit. c GDPR, The sub-customer can view your personal data provided in the customer account. (Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1, lit. b and f GDPR).
(4) As a B2B retailer, it is possible for you to buy from our online shop. If you want to order from our webshop, it is required for the conclusion of the contract to provide us with your personal data which is required for processing your order. Mandatory data which is required for implementing the contract are marked accordingly, additional information is voluntary. The provided data is used for processing your order. Failure to provide us with the mandatory information will result in the contract not being concluded. When we deliver goods to you, we will give your data required for transport to the assigned transport company. Furthermore, your payment data will be given to the respective payment service provider or our bank, depending on the chosen method of payment. Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. b GDPR.
We may also use your provided data to send you further interesting information on products from our portfolio or to send specifications to you via e-mail. Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) If you use the customer account/online shop, we will store your data required for use or conclusion of contract as well as data on method of payment until you permanently delete your customer account. Furthermore, we will also store voluntary data provided by you for the duration of registration, unless you have previously deleted any voluntary data. You can make adjustments or modifications in the secure customer section. Due to tax and commercial law, we are obliged to store data concerning your address, payments and orders for 10 years. (Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. b, c and f GDPR).
(7) The data transferred is encrypted using TLS technology in order to protect your personal data and particularly your finance data from unauthorised access by third parties.
§ 3. Newsletter
(1) By giving your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter and receive offers on products of current interest. The advertised products and services are included in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we are using the so-called double-opt-in process, i.e. we will send an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided us with. If you do not confirm your registration for the newsletter within 3 days, your data will be locked and automatically deleted after 1 month. Furthermore, we will store your used IP address and time stamps of registration and confirmation. This method is used to prove your registration and if required to solve any unauthorised use of your personal data. (Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR).
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory data for receiving the newsletter. Any additional data provided is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will store your e-mail address for sending future newsletters. Legal basis: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent for the subscription of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe to the newsletter. The withdrawal can be carried out by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter sent to you via e-mail.
§ 4. Application of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be matched to other data from Google.
(3) With a respective adjustment of your browser software, you can prevent cookies from being stored. However, we would like to advise you that in this case you may not be able to use all of the website's functions. You can also prevent Google from collecting and processing data generated by the cookie and relating to your user behaviour (incl. your IP address) by simply downloading and installing the available browser plug-in via the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the addition "_anonymizelp()". Thus, IP addresses are shortened and then processed, so there is no personal reference. Hence, if there is a personal reference due to the submitted data, this will be excluded immediately and personal data be deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyse our website and to continuously improve our services. With the compiled statistics, we are able to improve our service and provide you with an interesting portfolio. For exceptions where personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield: www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for use of Google Analytics: article 6, paragraph 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a comprehensive analysis of establishing the number of visitors using our website via user ID. To deactivate the comprehensive analysis, you can enter your customer account and select "My data", "Personal data".
§ 5. Embedding YouTube Videos
(1) Our online service includes embedded YouTube videos which are stored at www.YouTube.com and can be played directly on our website. These are all included in the "Extended Data Protection Mode", i.e. if you are not playing any video, your user data will not be transmitted to YouTube. The data as specified under paragraph 2 will only be transmitted if you play a video. We cannot influence this data transmission.
(2) Once you visit the respective subpage of our website, YouTube will get this information. In addition, the data as specified under § 3 of this policy will be transmitted. This is done independently to your login to a user account of YouTube or to an existing user account. Once you are logged into Google, your data will be matched directly to your account. If you do not wish to have your profile matched at YouTube, please logout before activating the button. YouTube will store your data in user profiles and uses these for advertising purposes, market research and/or user-defined design of their website. Such an analysis particularly happens (even for people who are not logged in) for establishing tailor-made advertising and to inform other users in social networks of your user behaviour on our website. You may object to the creation of such a user profile which has to be sent directly to YouTube.
Valid from May 2018